Sunday 10 July 2011

Creating A Design for a Country and Western Album

As a group, we had to research the Country and Western genre. I designed an album cover showing the convention of the lead singer (who I named Bob Nelson) with a guitar in a city park, even though typically (and in the case of this album as well), the singer is from the Southern States of America in rural landscapes, most commonly, Texas.
On the back of the album, I gave stereotypical names of songs for the Country and Western genre with a twist! Examples I gave included "The Long Road To Houston" and "Yee-ha!" The twist comes in the form of song titles such as "Ohio (featuring Will Smith in the tune of his song Miami)". I did this to depict Nelson aiming at other market segments and becoming less niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment